In 2002, the GWA launched the GWA Foundation as a 501(c)(3) charitable, educational organization. The GWA Foundation offers the Association a unique opportunity to expand its outreach to the industry and the public with special projects and activities funded through tax-free grants, gifts and donations.
The objectives of the GWA Foundation are to:
- Provide public education on gardening, horticulture, and environmental issues.
- Support GWA members by expanding education on career development.
- Increase public awareness on a variety of gardening issues.
- Conduct and publish statistical surveys of the gardening industry.
- Gather and disseminate consumer research on gardening trends and attitudes, and
- Seek to reduce hunger through expansion of public participation in the Plant a Row for the Hungry program.
GWA Foundation Board of Directors
- President: Larry Hodgson
- Vice President: Kirk Brown
- Secretary: Jo Ellen Meyers Sharp
- Treasurer: Maria Zampini
- Executive Director: Ashley Hodak Sullivan
- Directors: Becky Heath, Jeff Lowenfels, Nan Sterman, Bill Thomas